Monday 23 March 2009

In The Flesh

Well, Metal actually. After a slight delay caused by a mix up with the Mould Makers (my fault entirely) I've got a few castings back from the Master Mould of the Hussar Figure. I'll be using this as the main figure for the unit, but want to do a few conversions in order to create a couple of officers and a trumpeter. These will then go into a production mould with this trooper figure in due course. In the interim, I've been painting some of the horses in anticipation. So here is a "raw" casting mounted up on a partially painted horse.

5 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Excellent! There's something about seeing your own miniatures cast in metal, isn't there? :-)

Bluebear Jeff said...

Very impressive indeed. I certainly would like to see a regiment or two of these in my forces.

Very nice, sir.


-- Jeff

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Lovely - very nice clean casting... I'm with Jeff - a couple of squadrons of these will look very effective!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Wonderful proportions and animation for both rider and horse. Cannot wait to see a gleaming, freshly painted unit of these figures!

Best Regards,

Stokes

John D said...

Thanks for all the positive comment, I must admit, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final figures painted up as well.