Monday 24 August 2009

Long time little progress

Well, its been an awfully long time since my last post. I must admit I've just been to busy to put any time to this, and on the few occasions I have restarted painting, I've quickly stalled. Anyway, I've finally finished all the fusiliers for the first unit. Still to do the Grenadiers and Chasseurs, along with a couple more command figures.

Anyway, I've added a few photos (sorry unit photo not great, haven't mastered such shots yet and the gloss varnish doesn't help!) just for interest.

Cheers


John


9 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

John,

It is nice to see you posting again after such an extended absence.

The figures and painting look top notch! Well done, sir. Very well done.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

I agree with Jeff on all counts! Sometimes other things take precedence or we just feel like doing other things. I've been in a painting slump for a while. But I have been spending time on cleaning up some minis for painting when I'm ready. On the other hand I've been reading a lot more lately, which is something else I love to do.

old-tidders said...

Wow, lovely figs and nicely painted.

-- Allan

Capt Bill said...

Very handsome lads, indeed!

Anonymous said...

Very, very impressive!

Matt

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello John,

Don't sell yourself short! Your figures and photographs look absolutely great! Highly impressive work on your part. Keep 'em coming.

Best Regards,

Stokes Schwartz

John D said...

Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback, Progress is still very slow, I'm deliberately holding off painting any Hussars until I've finished at least one unit of the infantry, but its hard work at present.

Regards


John

Mike Siggins said...

Superb. Love the finish, and the bases are excellent.

MurdocK said...

Fantastic painting works.

Just consider that each of those works of art did not even exist a year ago!

A decade from now how much larger your tabletop force will be!!!

Wow your progress is excellent!